Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday

I thought I would take the opportunity to link up to another blog and spread the word. 



What I'm loving this Wednesday is the ability to come together via the web and pray, think and donate to an amazing family from my hometown in Illinois.

I hardly know them other than occasionally passing them in the halls in high school many years ago, but when I think about their hardship I begin to sob uncontrollably. 

I'm hoping that everyone who sees this will take the opportunity to pray for this family and/or donate, if they can, to help out during this tough, tough time. 

The Story (from what I can gather via her posts on facebook):
This story is about a woman I went to high school with, someone I wasn't directly friends with, but via facebook became acquaintances.  I read her blog, her carepage and all her posts on facebook and followed her "life" constantly thinking about her, her husband and her sweet little babes. 

Her daughter, who I want to say is about 4 years old now, was diagnosed with brain cancer when she was only 2 months old.  They went through a tough battle of surgeries and radiation and are currently still fighting/battling and surviving today.  She later had another daughter who I assume is about 2 or 3 years old now.  While being a mother to these 2 darling little girls she made the decision to go back to school and become a nurse.  While attending nursing school she announced their surprising pregnancy with their 3rd child. (This is the time that I started following her more closely because she was pregnant and the same time as I was).  Such a driven and determined mommy, she finished nursing school while having 2 little ones at home and one on the way.  She is just an inspiration to all mommy's out there.  Her son was born almost 8 months ago.

A couple of months after the birth of their son they found out the terrible news that her father has cancer as well, from what I can gather, liver cancer.  She works so hard to help her dad out and even holds a charity event for him to raise money to help his fight.  She is obviously a devoted and loving daughter in addition to being an amazing mom. 

The story does not end there.  Just a few short weeks ago they were blindsided by the news that their (at the time) 7 1/2 month old son also has brain cancer.  Heart drops. She is devastated.  I can only imagine the heartache, the sleepless nights, the pure anger and frustration with the situation.  My heart goes out to her and her babies.  One battling cancer and surviving, the other just starting his fight and she has to be strong for all of them when I'm sure all she wants to do is break down. She is truly an amazing individual. 

Prove to everyone that social networking isn't a waste.  It can be used for good things, to spread the word when help is needed. 

If you would like to donate you can do so here: https://www.wepay.com/donate/162561

If you are unable to donate, which is understandable, please pray for her.  Her name is Tara, her sons name is Maddox.  God can do miracles all you have to do is ask and pray. 

What I'm loving Wednesday:  God, the love and support of strangers, beautiful, strong, fighting babies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment