Friday, September 16, 2011

In Need of Style

I am a blog surfer, I can admit to it.  There are a million blogs out there and about 1/2 of them are amazing and I love them instantaneously.  On top of that 99% of those 1/2 million blogs that are amazing end up being ridiculously well dressed people. 

You imagine most bloggers or what I consider "computer geeks" (because c'mon we all sit behind a computer screen writing blurbs in hopes of having other people read them) being, well, frumpy.  They never really have to face anyone if they don't want to, if their are professional bloggers they are able to just sit in their birthday suit if they feel like it and type away.  Personally I don't like my birthday suit, I prefer anything baggy.  :)

So you can imagine my surprise when I come across all these amazing bloggers who are so witty and funny and are able to grab my attention in a matter of seconds and on top of that they can seriously dress!  It's like hello?? Am I the only blogger out there that is a frumpy ol' mess!!?!  I mean I work in a clinic so I go to work in scrubs.  When I'm home with my daughter I'm normally wearing a nursing top of some sort and yoga pants/sweat pants or boxer shorts. I mean it doesn't get any worse does it?! Well, actually it does because when I go out to the grocery or pretty much anywhere (yes even the mall) I don't change!!  This is horrible. 

Is this a cry for help?! (shifty eyes)

I'm in need of some style.   I think I'm going to really try to at least once a week do my hair and make up, dress a little cleaner and better and post it on the blog.  I don't know what I'll call it.  Maybe, Seeking Style Sundays or something.  It'll give me a little motivation.  Then whoever might be reading this can critique my look and give me tips on how to look better!! :) I mean I'm a working mom, but that doesn't mean I should look like complete crap right??  I mean if you all can do it, so can I! :)

Here's looking forward to this Sunday, where I'm really going to put my best foot forward.  Shit, now I'm going to be thinking about what I'm wearing on Sunday for the next 36 hours.  o_O



No comments:

Post a Comment