Friday, September 9, 2011

Our Wedding Thank Yous

So my post last night put me in a mood to brag about some work.  :D

Last year after we got married I carefully chose 2 out of hundreds of wedding photos to use in our thank you cards.  I wanted to do something different so I came up with the idea of sending thank you postcards!  Not generic postcards either, each one of course would be personalized with their own individual thank you note, but on the back of the postcard! 

Here it is:


It's really hard to see in the scan, but the back of the postcard is a very opaque picture of me and the hubs.  We are kissing behind a paper parasol (lol).

I just loved the top picture, I know I look really serious but the backdrop is gorgeous.  This is the picture we used for the wedding announcement for my hometown newspaper.  I've mentioned this is an old post, but we ended up having the wedding in my sister's backyard.  It was a beautiful view of Camelback Mtn.  This picture was actually taken under a tree in her neighbors backyard.  The neighbors house happens to be the David Wright Residence designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.  It was neat because the architecture of my sister's old home(before they knocked it down) was very modern (designed by FLW's son) as is the other home's property.  But either way the pictures turned out amazing due to the setting sun in the background. 

I "designed" these thank you cards and had them printed on an iridescent card stock.  I liked them! :)  I made like 75 and used every single one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment