Saturday, September 10, 2011

Photo Challenge: Remember

So I was recently turned onto this blog a couple weeks ago by a fellow photo fanatic blogger and I really really enjoy it, a lot!  The blogger has a lot of interactive posts which is super fun.  Each week she posts a photo challenge with a theme (normally needing to be associated with your children), but this week there is an exception.  This weeks theme is "Remember". 

I went scanning through my collection of pictures from over the years.  I originally wanted to do a picture from our Honeymoon in Bora Bora, oh how I love to remember that romantic time with my husband where we basked in each others love post wedding and slept til noon everyday (the sleeping part being key since I'm a sleep deprived mama).  Then I went to pictures from my trips to Europe and China.  I thought,  I really want to remember all the amazing things I saw when I was travelling around the world.  Then I realized this is a great opportunity for me to really focus on myself, since the rules are waived for the week and the focus does not need to be a child or really anyone else for that matter.  So I went inside and came across this little nugget...

This is a snapshot I took on our trip to Hawaii a couple of years ago; pre-wedding, pre-baby, pre-stress.  I'm not saying that my life is too stressful, I love the stress of being a working mom and a devoted and loving wife, but when I want to decompress and remember a quiet moment, this is the moment to which I travel back.

  My toes in the moist, warm, sandy beaches of Hawaii being splashed ever so lightly by the cool ocean waves.  No noise, no sound, nothing other than the salty breeze whispering in my ears and kissing my freshly tanned cheeks. 

Mmm....I remember.
The Paper Mama
Thanks for helping me remember Paper Mama! :)

2 comments:

  1. There is something about the beach that is so peaceful. Whenever I have a moment like that I just want to stop time & soak it in. You totally capture that in this photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) I saw the picture you posted for the challenge and it was sooo sweet!!! I bet the "welcome homes" are the best ever!!

    ReplyDelete