Thursday, May 26, 2011

Early Morning Work

I'm a working mom, so as I've mentioned before I work from our office on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays.  Tuesday and Thursday I am able to work from home!  This morning was a good example.  I do all the medical billing for our office and Corey my brother in law and the Ophthalmologist worked on charts last night.  So he texted me said I could pick up the charts this morning and then meet Brad (our office manager) to hand them off.  So I set my alarm for 5:00am!  As my phone starts beeping at me I slowly awaken from my slumber to not only a beeping alarm, but also a whiny little baby girl!  She was very obviously hungry.  I needed to feed her, which put me a little behind.  After she was done I packed her up in her car seat (the husband wasn't home from work yet so I had to take her with me) and drove to my brother in laws arriving at 5:45am.  Grab the charts from their kitchen counter (everyone was still asleep) and headed back home. 

Upon arrival home I attempted to put a very sleepy/cranky baby back to bed and started my chart work by 6 am.  Our office manager wanted to meet at 7am this morning for the hand off.  He texted me at 6 informing me that he was leaving his house in 20 minutes, whhaaa???  I had something like 60 charts to do so I had to get through them fast.  I called the husband told him I wasn't going to be able to make him breakfast this morning and starting crackin' on the charts.  6:45am I'm only 1/3 of the way through, oh crap!  Fingers flying over the keyboard, completed charts stacking up higher and higher.  7:10am 2/3 of the way done.  Faster, faster, faster my eyes are glued on the upper right hand corner of my screen where the clock is reading 7:25am, DONE!!!  Speedy, speedy -- good thing my typing skills are a killer 115WPM, round about with a few errors here or there ha!  I left my house by 7:30 and arrived at the hand off location by 7:42am!  I'd say that's pretty good for a quick morning's work!

Back home now enjoying my healthy oatmeal and fruit breakfast and loving the silence of the house while my husband and sweet baby sleep!  I love my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment