Thursday, May 19, 2011

Protein Pancake

This is a recipe my trainer came up with (I think, at least she's the one who gave it to me)  Its a low fat, no sugar recipe for tasty banana cinnamon protein pancakes. 

I've been back on my modified (due to breastfeeding) diet for a couple of weeks now and I'm actually making these at this very moment! :)  They are super easy and super healthy.  And surprisingly kid friendly...my nieces love them too!)

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until liquified! :)

4 egg whites (you can add an egg yolk if you need the calories/fat)
one banana
1/4 cup oats or 1 bag instant oatmeal
one packet sweetener (I use Truvia you can also use regular sugar if you aren't into the artificial stuff)
dash of cinnamon

Pour 1/2 the batter into a medium heated non-stick pan 
watch for the bubbles as you would a regular pancake
flip and repeat with the remaining batter

this recipe makes 2 large pancakes :)

if I'm in a rush i throw these suckers into a plastic bag and kind of just nibble on them during my commute or if I have an extra minute I like to eat them with sugar free syrup! :)  Either way they are pretty yummy for pancakes with no flour or sugar!

Try 'em out and let me know what you think!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment