Sunday, May 15, 2011

OMG Mashed Potatoes

So to go along with the whole LAZY CHICKEN DINNER post I wrote a couple days ago... I found:

The most DELICIOUS mashed potatoes I have ever tasted in my entire life.

I am somewhat of a connoisseur of foods thanks to my foodie sister and ethic mother ;)

So when I say these are the most delicious mashed potatoes I have ever eaten in my entire life, I sincerely from the bottom of my heart stomach, mean that.  I have had homemade mashed potatoes, box mashed potatoes, diner mashed potatoes, 4 star restaurant mashed potatoes.  Pretty much you can call me the Queen on the topic of the taste in regards to mash potatoes.  :)

I have never in my life ever experienced such a flavor in mashed potatoes before and I don't know if I've been missing something when it comes to making them all these years, but golly if you have not tried this before please please please do...and tell me what you think.

Back to the LAZY CHICKEN DINNER reference...whilst making this recipe the other day in the slow cooker I decided instead of microwaving the potatoes I would throw them in the slowcooker with the chicken and the soup (first time was beefy onion and the second time was chicken noodle).  After a couple of hours of slow cooking where the chicken was fork finger(fall apart) tender the potatoes were super ready to be smashed up.  Per my usual recipe I take all the potatoes out and put them in a large bowl, add a 1/2 stick of butter and 1/4-1/2 cup of half and half or cream, whatever I have in the fridge.  Obviously you have to add quite a bit of salt and course ground pepper.  Being post pregnancy I have been avoiding such decadent foods and normally would just package this up in my handy dandy ziploc plastic containers for the hub's dinners, but instead I decided to give these suckers a little sneaky sneak taste.  They were soooo tempting!  AND.....OH.....MY.....GOD.....the FLAVOR from the soup?!?!?! Are you KIDDING ME?!?! My knees buckled from beneath me, I was in mashed potato HEAVEN!!!   I looked over my shoulder (even though it was just me and Maddie home) just in case someone was watching me sneak another large spoonful of this delicious delicious mash!  Oh goodness gracious you have to try this if you haven't already.  AMAZING!!!I kinda wanna go to the fridge this very second to sneak another bite...YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment