Friday, May 6, 2011

Workin' Mama thanks her Mom

This week has been harder than most weeks. 

I normally work Monday, Wednesday & Friday from the office and Tuesday and Thursday from home if I'm not completely caught up.  Mon & Wed our hours are 9-4 so we are normally out of here by around 5 or 5:30 and home by the latest 6.  Sometimes way earlier.  Fridays are our long days when we have office hours from 9-7 and normally don't get home til around 9. 

However, this week its been a little different.  Our hours were extended til 5 on Monday and we actually didn't leave til close to 7.  Wednesday was the same and today we are scheduled til 7 which means again we probably won't get home til 9.  On top of that we work tomorrow 9-3 which probably puts me getting home at least to 5.  At least I had Tuesday and Thursday home with my little schmookadoo (Maddie). 

Everyday I go to work I drop my little baby Maddie off at my Gramma's house.  My mom is staying with her the next 6 months since my Aunt (my Gramma's caregiver) left for China.  This is actually really ideal for me because my Gramma's house is only about 5 minutes from mine and in the direction of work.  I am super grateful for my mom, she really does take great care of my daughter and she's always willing to help out even if she has something else going on.  For instance tomorrow she has her Pond Society Tour and her house is open for people to come and see her pond and even though she lives 30 minutes north of me (and not in the direction of work) I'm going to be dropping Maddie off with her and she's going to watch her on top of having her Pond Society stuff going on.  Talk about having an amazing mom on Mother's Day weekend of all times!! :D

But besides being extremely accomodating the real reason I am so grateful for my mom is because she watches Maddie making it so we don't have to send her to day care or have a stranger/nanny come in and take care of her at the house.  Honestly I would completely lose it if I had to leave my daughter we a stranger.  I know that person doesn't care as much as family cares and you never know what the hell is going on when you are gone.  I know my mom loves Maddies as much as I do and will tend to her every need. 

So on that note....thanks Mom for being totally awesome at your job.  And a Happy Mother's Day to all you Mamas out there! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment