Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Nook Sleep Systems

So amazingly enough, I'm having an awful lot of luck in the "getting deals" department in regards to preparations for Maddie's arrival.  Her crib arrived today and I immediately put it together.  I also put her crib skirt in as well as her bumper (for aesthetic purposes only).  Unfortunately I am a procrastinator at heart, and most likely will be forever, so I haven't purchased her mattress yet. Eek!

My sister suggested a brand/model called the Nook Pebble.  After going to their website and reading about their mattresses and why they are so special I was sold.  On top of that they are having 25% their Nook Pebble Organic mattress for the month of March only! Down side...price for this mattress is still $412.50 (Originally $550)  Holy moly man?! For a baby mattress?!  But I'm still in love with the concept.  This particular pebble mattress is made with organic latex for the most comfortable sleep for your child.  Its mite and microbe resistant, you honestly have to read up about it.  Still sticker shock, yikes! They also have another option though, which I was very pleased to find out after calling their customer service number and being connected to an operator instantaneously.  This option is called the Nook Pebble Lite.  Its not organic so if you are in the department for a "green" crib mattress or you are totally into organic only then its not an option for you, but for me...its over $100 less!  This product is made with a non-organic foam enveloped in the same mite and microbe resistant "wrap" is what they call them.  SOLD!  Now shipping is not that expensive it's roughly $15, but I don't want to wait!  So I called a local baby store called Little Artika at the Biltmore Fashion Park and I believe they are the only store in the valley that carries this product.  They have the Nook Pebble Light in the Cloud color in stock in the store ready for pick up, same price as the website - $295.  I mentioned to her on the phone about sales tax and how its about an additional 9% and OMG can you believe she told me what she could do for me in terms of the sales tax was give me a gift card back to the store for that exact amount, so its as if I'm not even paying sales tax, but legally its okay because they are giving me a gift for purchasing an expensive item from their store.  Talk about customer satisfaction people!  That's a $25 gift card!  Not much, but hey better than paying shipping and tax online!  Plus its a win-win for
everyone.

Nook Pebble Lite $295
(all 3 color options pictured)
www.nooksleep.com
www.littleartika.com








Maybe I'll do a little review once Maddie has slept on it.  She won't for a while because she'll be in her bassinet in our room, but once she does sleep there hopefully it will be peacefully and comfortably!  My husband and I sleep on a latex mattress so I was thinking I want my daughter to sleep on a nice/some what comparable mattress too.  I think its a good investment considering she'll be using it through her toddler years - oh did I mention that 1 side is purposely engineered for infants and the other for toddlers!  Pretty sweet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment