Monday, March 7, 2011

Maddie's Room

Maddie's room is officially done!!  Now we are just waiting for the arrival of the princess herself :) hopefully sooner rather than later.  Anyway without further ado...pictures of her room...

This is the door to her room.  Unfortunately the wreath no longer looks like that because those were all fresh flowers from the baby shower, but you get the idea! :)  The M was purchased from Stephanie's in Scottsdale and will most likely replace the wreath entirely once the wilted pedals start making a mess.

This is what you see right when you enter her room.  It is a bit snug, but its so super cute, I love it!  So I mentioned a lot of the furniture we got for her room in a blog post a couple weeks ago, but here you can see what I was talking about actually in place.  So you have her super comfy and plush glider to the left with the matching stool.  The Pottery Barn sleigh night stand right next to it and the Pottery Barn Ultimate Changing Table directly under the window.  The pink flower balls hanging from the changing table were so super adorable, but unfortunately like the wreath were made from fresh flowers and are currently very wilted.  A couple of additions that I have made are a throw pillow for the glider, its cover being sewn from the extra material purchased from Serena and Lily (Aqua Melon Mosaic print).  My mom has purchased 4 small baskets for the top row of the changing table and 3 for the bottom and has made matching pink and blue alternating covers for those.  I'm toying with the idea of changing that lamp shade on the night stand and matching it with the extra material that I have, but we will see when that might happen.  And lastly the shades have been changing on her window.  We had white plantation shutters installed on 3 of our windows in the house (the front 3) and they are spectacular!  I will write a post boasting about the company I did them through in the future, but you will see a picture of the shutters in her room just a bit later in this blog. 

As you continue to turn to the right you will see her huge closet, which is already completely full of clothes, toys and other baby goodies.  I installed the closet system about a month of so ago and it was super simple.  It was purchased from Ikea and although you can't see it very well in this picture, behind both the right and left doors the shelves continue, but also with 2 sets of 2 drawer units.  Its clean and fresh and looks great.  I'm really glad she has a huge closet because I honestly don't know what I would do with all her stuff if she didn't!

Continuing again to the right we see her crib!  The piece we were waiting for :) it only took a week to delivery which was really exciting.  It landed on our door step in an enormous box (not very heavy) we dragged it into the house, open it and up and in a matter of 20 minutes the crib was assembled her mattress and bedding were put in place and her nursery was complete! I was relaxing in the glider when I took this picture :) my favorite spot in the room, I could sit there for hours (and most likely will be in the very near future)

One last turn to the right and we are back where we started.  Here is a better picture of the full wall though.  I'm calling this her reading corner!  We hope to read her to a lot when she is here and I have already started reading to the belly almost everyday :) Here you see her glider with the little giraffe blankie and tooth fairy pillow (compliments of Melissa).  Behind her glider is her reading tree that my mother in law purchased and applied to the wall for us!  I think it is the cutest thing :) She got it at BuyBuyBaby, I think it was $40.  A little the left is her hanging shelf purchased as a gift from Jen :) So perfect for her towels and the most innovative hair clip organizer made by our dear friend Maria, such a great idea!! 

Lastly I wanted to show a picture of her shutters!!  They were installed a little over a week ago.  They replaced the brown pull up shades that were there before (blegh!) I think it really completes the clean look of the room and when the shutters are sealed up tight, its super dark and when you tilt them open in allows all the morning sunlight in! :)


I'm so so so happy with the way her room turned out, its honestly perfect for her.  I cannot wait until she arrives so that she can enjoy everything we have prepared for her :)  I will post a picture later, but I completed my belly cast the other day and it will be hanging in her room as well :)  What an exciting time...i'm sooo anxious to get the show on the road!


No comments:

Post a Comment