Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tater Chips

Had a domestic moment today when I turned to a bag of potatoes that I was going to just chop up and throw in the oven and thought to myself...homemade potato chips!

So fun to make and so easy!!  I put 1/2 a bottle of oil into a deep pot and then sliced up the potatoes using my De Buyers slicer I got as a wedding gift (first time use, love it!)   


 There potatoes could not have turned out prettier.  Perfect thickness, perfect slices! So simple, so fast!


 After slicing up only 4 potatoes and threw them into the pot of boiling oil on med/high heat they cooked in there for a good 7-10 minutes or so...which seemed a little long because I've never made potato chips before, but it needed the time to crisp up.


I removed the potatoes after frying using tongs, which wasn't the easiest method, I would have preferred one of those chinese net things with the wooden handle - may be my next investment! 


Lastly I sprinkled a little Lawry's Seasoning on the warm newly fried potato chips and tossed them in the paper towel (soak up excess oil and catch excess saltiness)  Result: perfectly crisp and slightly seasoned potato chips!! Yummy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment