Monday, November 30, 2009

Dressy Dress Dress...


So this is my wedding dress...Ooo la la -- there will be some edits to the design once the dress gets in.  Which brings me to the point of this post.  What is normal for arrival time of wedding dress and alterations?  I'm a little less than 5 months out from the wedding and ordered the dress probably between 4-6 months ago.  I would have liked to have had one fitting by this point and then explained description of desired changes to the design.  I'm not a bridezilla and I would never aggressively attack anything regarding this matter, I'm just curious.  It doesn't bother me, I think I have plenty of time for this to happen, well at least I hope so.

Now to the second matter of this post.  I am contemplating having a second dress for the wedding and not quite sure what I should go with.  Originally I wanted to do a fun flirty little number that matched my original concept for the bridesmaids, but now the bridesmaids dresses have changed, the ones I have chosen are much more sophisticated and I'm not quite sure that if I ordered a similar dress in a white/off white that it would necessarily be appropriate.  Also I don't want people assuming that I think I'm a princess or something because I have a second dress.  The only real reason I want to do a second dress is because I think it would be more fun to dance and enjoy myself in a shorter dress rather than the gown.  Although the gown is gorgeous and I love it, I will be wearing it for a good portion of the night.  Once all the main pictures and dances and cake cutting and all the exciting things have happened, that's when I wanted to change into the second dress.  Oh yikes, there's a lot to think about.  Boo!

PS...I'm still very confused about the wedding shoes.  I heard that you should buy your wedding shoes a good 6 months in advance to break them in, and per my post "wedding shoes" i'm not completely content with the purchase I have made with the intention of wearing them at the wedding.  They are not quite the royal blue I was looking for.  Any suggestions!?!? Although I'm pretty sure no one reads this thing...oh well - c'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment