Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fatty Neck Rolls & Curdled Milk

Umm....I am the worst mom on the planet or does this happen to everyone??

In my half sleeping daze this morning I was nursing my little chubsters.  When she was satisfied and in a playful mood (which Mommy was not) she started squirming around begging for my attention.  I reluctantly complied, especially because I couldn't resist those sweet little smirky cheeks!!  So there I was in bed tickling my little girl to get her to give me a sweet little giggle and as she throws her head back in laughter.... I see it!!  Red splotches hidden beneath the creamy white fatty cheeks and neck folds.  I panic!!  OMG what have I done, how long has it been like this, I inspect further to find what I can only assume is curdled milk!?!?  Yuck, yuck double yuck!  I quickly formulate a plan of attack...red splotched curdled milk folds must be terminated at all costs!! 

I begin a rigorous sweep of the area with handy baby wipes.  She is fighting me with all her might very much not wanting to tolerate me pushing her fat cheeks and neck folds out of the way to open the area of interest.  Screams bellowing from her once smiling mouth, Plan A = FAIL.   On to Plan B -- immediate execution of bath time.  I bundle her into my arms frantically attempting to turn on hallway bathroom sink to medium temperature, insert Puj bathtub and strip baby to birthday suit.  Commence serious bath time!  I immediately target the "infected" area, trying with all my might to get into the secured area between the fatty cheek and upper chest.  Gently I sweep a the area attempting to oh so gingerly clear the curdled milk from the depths of the folds.  Upon completion of bath time, success rings through my ears. I cuddle her into her towel, drain the sink and with a spring in my step walk her to her changing table for a little rub down of lotion. 

I start with her belly and her legs making sure to get her well moisturized in this dry desert atmosphere.  I then continue to her arms and her back then her cute little booty.  Finally I switch lotions and begin her face and neck.  With my thumb and forefinger I get into the creased area under her chin and what do I feel.....MORE curdled milk!!!

WHEN WILL IT END!??!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment