Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Maddie's Nursery

I am a....horrible decision maker.  I very well could be the most indecisive person in the world.  I am currently 4 weeks out from my due date of our first daughter Madison Noelle and just this past weekend picked out, purchased and put together her nursery furniture.  And despite my horrible decision making processes I wanted to share my favorites from her room. 

Pottery Barn Kids was the brand of all her nursery furniture and even though I narrowed down the brand there have so many beautiful options and currently running some very tantalizing specials on their baby furniture that it made my decision even more difficult than before.  However my mother in law was in town and decision needed to be made especially since she was buying the crib for us!  And the winner is:

Sleigh Crib by Pottery Barn Kids
(Antique White Finish)

I love the thought of their Larkin Sleigh crib, but we don't live in a mansion and it would literally dominate her room and in my opinion in a thicker wood looks better in a darker richer color vs. white so we went with the more narrow sleigh crib.  I also fought with myself on the Madison crib, which is oh so fitting considering our daughter's name will be Madison, but in all honesty it just was not as economical as the sleigh.  Originally when commencing the crib search the pricing on the Pottery Barn Kids furniture was a little on the high side, which it still is but (for some reason) just before purchasing most of the cribs went on sale/discount, which I was thrilled to find out!  The sleigh was originally $699 (gasp!) but so conveniently and recently reduced to $499!!  Yay :) On top of that the manager (cute little pixie looking lady) at the Fashion Square Mall location was nice enough to:
1.  give us the 10% registry completion discount even though it was a day before my baby shower
2.  skip the shipping/handling and set up charges through the company Pottery Barn uses
3.  charge us only $20 for UPS delivery from the mall to our home. (set up is apparently a breeze and not worth the $80) 
So although we are 2 weeks from delivery of said crib we are well on our way to making all final decisions!  And a big ol' thank you to my mother in law Lucy for the Sleigh Crib!!

Onward to the changing table!  This was chosen and purchased at the same time as the crib and I could not be happier with my decision. My mom and dad were generous enough to purchase the changing table for us as a gift for baby Maddie.  My parents and fully aware of my inability to make decisions and so I told them to look at whatever changing tables they wanted as long as it was an antique white finish and somewhat matched the crib.  And I am so thankful my parents are diligent about their research (mainly because I'm not) and looked at all the changing table on PBK and compared prices vs. ratings vs. comments and decided that the best bang for your buck was...
The Ultimate Changing Table
(Antique White Finish) 

This was another smart and economical purchase.  Looking at this picture it doesn't really look all that sturdy right?? That's what I was thinking when I searching for changing table online.  However, once we got the product home and built, I could not be happier.  This little gem originally $399 on sale for $299 and on top of that got my 10% registry completion discount the day before my shower!  The pixie manager also brought the product that was in the store out to the delivery bay so we could move it into our car and bring it home same day, no shipping no nothin' :) so pleased!  We did not purchase the baskets though.  My mom and I are making a trip out to world market to get some less expensive options and then we will be making basket liners with the extra fabric that I ordered from Serena and Lily!

To complete the wooden furniture in the room (one of the very few decision I made early on during the registry process) was the nightstand.  It is the matching nightstand to the Sleigh Crib design and just 100% absolutely adorable and perfect.  It was purchased for my by my very generous Aunt and Uncle in Kennett Square, PA and surprisingly landed on my door step almost 2 weeks pre-shower :) it was the first piece of furniture for Maddie's room and currently home to her lamp, Tiffany's pink/bunny porcelain coin bank and a bunch of classic books (which we will read everyday)  Again a big thank you to my Aunt Deanna and Uncle Bruce for this little gem!
Sleigh Side Table
(Antique White Finish)


My all time favorite item in her room thus far....her glider or more so my glider considering I'll be the one spending the midnight hours sitting there feeding her (I truly am looking forward to this).   The glider was a difficult decision because it has to be extremely comfortable, but look the part at the same time.  Gliders are also extremely expensive!! The one we chose running $599 (gasp!)  Some of which look like they are meant for a baby room and cannot be used anywhere else.  Others are disguised under very good looking exteriors hiding their capabilities beneath the sheath and therefore, in my opinion, much more economical because once the baby age is over it can be moved and used in another room :) not just as a rocker/glider but as a real time piece of furniture.  This precious piece was selected from BuyBuyBaby my second store of choice. Extremely comfortable, to the point where I go into her room just to sit in it (while shamefully shedding tears while reading my belly books).  It was purchased by my generous and loving sister Marissa along with a variety of other baby items - so thankful for her :)  This picture was actually take in her nursery and what we will consider the "reading corner"

Ultra Plush Glider
(Courderoy Camel Color)

The matching glider stool was purchased by my adoring husband who went out for the 3rd time that day just to pick it up!  What a guy :) He also had to mention that he spent a good portion of a morning in court (for work) to pay for it! 

So that concludes my furniture selections in her nursery.  I am so overly pleased with all my choices (giggles giddily with self achievement) and selections and am eagerly (and I mean eagerly) anticipating the arrival of our bundle of joy, especially now that her room is almost complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment