Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Photographer

So finding a photographer has been very stressful. I am 6 months out (actually a little less) from the wedding day and I still have not booked a photographer. This is absolutely horrible.

My sister's photographer is my absolute favorite, her work is just above and beyond my expectations. I love photojournalist techniques and she tops the list. Unfortunately for me she also is way out of my price range/budget. I have reserved $3000 for photography, well more that's what my parents are willing to pay. And for full coverage of the wedding day her price is well over double that amount. What I can get for that price is basically photography for 4 hours. Oh man, I just cannot let her not shoot my wedding, I mean photography is like key when it comes to weddings, its the way you remember that special day! I'm meeting with her again on Thursday (tomorrow). We are going to discuss the budget again, options that we might have - how much or what I can bring to the table outside of the set budget from the parents. We will see where this goes.

You should totally check out her site though www.christinejohnsonphotography.com its insane! The images she catches of my niece are just phenomenal. I wish I could be a talented photographyer -- maybe she'll teach me ;) that would be cool.

PS....at least point I really don't have an alternative option when it comes to photographer. There are only a couple of other photographers that I'm even interested in, they book up very quickly and they are also almost as expensive and I'm sure they would not be as likely to help me out. We'll see how it works out and I will update on the status of the photographer soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment