Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tasty Chicken Salad

Thought I would post this recipe that I got off the food network the other day.  I made it for lunch yesterday and was very pleased...and the best part, it fits into my meal plan.

1 grilled chicken breast
1/4 chopped granny smith apple
1/4 c. halved red grapes

in a bowl combine the following:
1/2 c. greek non-fat yogurt
1 tsp.  light miracle whip
1 tsp dijon mustard
juice of 1/2 a lemon
(thyme for flavoring if you want - not necessary)

After the creamy sauce has been concocted you add the chicken and fruit and mix until well coated.  Its going to be really creamy.

Once you take a bite of the mixture, its just delicious.  Its funny I never realize this before but the greek yogurt just takes on the flavoring of whatever you put into it.  So it really does taste like miracle whip even though there is barely any in the mixture. 

One thing you should note though, if attempting to follow the meal plan regulations and make a tasty chicken salad:  salt is okay in  moderation, but its best to attempt to avoid it at all costs.  My fiance has been using something called No-Salt for a long time, I don't necessarily think its the best tasting substitution, but the salad does need a little kick.  I would either use the No-Salt (it is high in potassium) or something along the lines of paprika for a little kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment